Monday, February 16, 2009

Such a Great Problem! 2/16

Forgive me. blogging Gods, for it has been a week since my last post.

Opportunity is truly everywhere, but so is my judgment of my self and my ability relative to everyone else out there. While I make progress at keeping my eyes on my own mat... it is progress, not perfection.

On a keeping it in the opportunity groove I give myself a 5 out of 10. Not bad. I had some days where I got sidetracked by "stuff" and recovered only after remembering to concentrate on the Propportunities.

I made a bunch of calls to people I've not talked to in months, some years. Funny thing, just like you (Fred) said, everyone remembered me and was very happy to talk about my opportunities. Going wide and deep was easy and pleasant. I uncovered lots of possibilities- but no smoking guns!

I am getting caught up in lead grid lock! This happens frequently at this time of year, when hope springs eternal, and more so becasue I am speaking the sweet language of opportunity.

How do I deal with those nascent leads- the ones I want to call only when I find an opportunity that might work? I want to have a wish list, put them in a database, go out and find an opportunity for them... gah!@! Old habits die hard.

How do I not promise or infer that I will call with the right sort of opportunity? I spent all this time "drilling" and found leads that LOOK like 7 day leads in that they "can" buy in 7 days, but there is no "gotta" in 7 days component.

I am, however, finding will do in 7 days and can do in 7 days... so are they a 7 day lead?

The old me is nearly apoplectic with the desire to properly catalog and manage all these people. What do I do?

No comments:

Post a Comment