Sunday, February 8, 2009

Propportunity and Open House - A Match Made in Heaven

We were taught, in Kinder-Realtor School, to have "switch" properties available for your open house. These are homes in the area that you can switch the buyers to, if the open home is not to their fancy. Great concept, but I can now take it to the next universe.

The problem with "switch" is that you are just looking for something different (bigger, smaller, higher, lower) then the subject hoping you'll have something that matches the new prospect. What you find is that sometimes you do, but more often than not you don't and very soon you stop doing that.

I woke up today and had one thought, "What propportunities am I excited about today?" A quick check of the MLS, a quick review of Friday's propportunities and I am off!

Open house was completely different today. I asked a lot of the same questions... what brung ya here, what about this house works for you? what are you looking for? But now, every question is designed to find out are they going to buy this house or which propportunity should I pitch first? I no longer give a damn if they are are working with an agent. Irrelevant. The only thing I check is, if I tell you about this and you like and want to buy it will you buy through me? I'm only getting info so I can contact them to make an appointment to show them the propportunity, not to populate my database.

People with don't touch me signs opened up like lotus blossoms because who doesn't want to talk about steals and deals? I was irresistible, or, at least, more irresistible than unusual ;-) I ask, would you pay more for a larger home in a better area if it was a deal? Would you buy a fixer if it was a deal? Would you buy in another area, farther east if was magical and a deal? People LOVED this kind of talk.

I have 5 people to make appointments with 3 people wanting to pass long my deals, 1 appt already set and 2 people seriously thinking about dropping their agents and working with me. This is awesome. I don't even care, anymore, about buyers "working" with me. I just want to vend my propportunities to people that will buy those opps through me.

No comments:

Post a Comment