Wednesday, February 4, 2009

2/4/09

Today started with caravan. I also pulled a couple of off caravan properties that might be an opportunity (property+opportunity=propportunity see?)

1. First house I meet Jeero. I need a propportunity that is high end. I don't like shiny homes, but this might fit the bill. While there I find out that this agent has a listing for 4 units that would cash flow immediately with 20% down. BINGO! A propportunity

2. I called on a weird Trulia glitch that has buyers inquiring after homes that I sold years ago. This buyer just went into escrow and has a buyer/broker agreement anyway, BUT, I pitch a propportunity anyway and he tells me a co-worker might be interested. I ask for that persons contact info and he gave it! I know this is because he say the inherent value of what I had to GIVE, I wasn't out to GET anything (except the oppo to do business)

3. I spend the afternoon making propportunity calls to pitch my own listing that I think is a propportunity. However, I don't want to be blind to opps outside of selling my opp listing! So, I talk about the apt listing (see #1), I talk about a probate in Altadena, I called one gal and said, we talked 5 yrs ago and I just want to know if you still want me to contact you. 20 min later I had helped her figure out how to buy a small investment property for her daughter in Orange and once financing is in place I'll refer her out. She is very glad I called. I called another lead from at least 5 yrs ago and he just called back - I guess he liked the msg about the smokin hot deal.

4. I was drivin off this morning to go see propertunities. I saw a past client joggin down the hill. Instead of waving and driving off, I stopped and chatted. They are fine, they are happy, they can't afford to sell at a loss, yada yada yada. "well I saw this great opp in the school district you want to be in and I think it a steal!" really? "yes, you will sell at a loss, but you more than make up for in the future gain on this better school district!" really? Let's get together and really talk about how this will work!

5. While I am making calls I get a couple of facebook pings (I've been dropping teasers about my new listing) an e-mail from my recent closing about another referral and an inquiry from my website. Some of these do not have phone numbers. I return the e-mails, but I always entice them with a "smokin hot deal" as a reason to call me or give me their phone number. No more reacting to questions without trying to engage in a propportunity discussion!

6. Just got a call back from one of the mesg I left this afternoon. I've left plenty of mesg before - all in the relationship mode. This message, however, was, "I have a smokin hot deal...." This is the first time this guy has ever called me back!

Whew. Busy and very productive day. Maybe taking the time to meditate was a good idea this morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment