Wednesday, February 18, 2009

2/18/2009 PM

Today is Glendale Caravan. I am open, but meditation kinda sucked today.

I started with e-mail, propportunity blog and then main blog. I thought about the market trends and checked the MLS for new propportunties. Slim pickin's, I must say.

Left over from previous days, La Venezia in Altadena $229. Lake View in Silverlake, duplex $288. Harriet in Altadena, $299k. Brixton in Pasadena $649k, My Ardmore in Glendale, $699k.

A thought - if I share these with LOCAL agents, don't I shoot myself in the foot by helping it to sell faster and maybe not to my own client? That lack mentality, isn't it. If I shoot this out via twitter/facebook/blog/website, do I dilute the message of opportunity? Is the message somehow less special/valuable if it is in a mass format rather than whispered on the QT in a special opportunity phone call? I wonder.

On caravan I am not seeing my propportunity for the day. Pretty homes, all over priced or not special , most both.

I make a point to see another 2 mill shiny home on the hill- I really dislike these homes, but opportunity is everywhere, right? The listing agent is a gracious man who always asks after my Mother. I ask, know of any smokin' hot deals and he says, "I have an REO that I'll put on MLS next week. It's $299, newer built with gorgeous views in Eagle Rock. But, you have to climb 30 steps to get to it" There's my propportunity!

The rest of the afternoon is on the phone vending this and a few of the others. Some of these haven't sold and I'm wondering how good my propportunity eyes are. Well, getting better, that's fer shure!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment